Saturday 28 September 2013

The Ardmore School Cookbook




I came across this little gem in my local shop " Quinns" in Ardmore yesterday evening while doing the euro millions , fat chance , but my luck did come in when I found this book of tasty recipes but as it says in the introduction " these weren't just recipes that had been quickly copied from the pages of the latest Jamie Oliver book . They were in fact real , genuine family favourite - made by the children , written by the children and most importantly eaten and enjoyed by the children " .
I can't think of a better way to inspire children and maybe even light the spark that might see one or two of them go on to become the next Paul Flynn in the future . What an imaginative way to raise a few bob for the  school and it only cost 7.50 in the local shops and resturants , you can also get it in the Ardmore national school or in the village post office or just email ardmorenationalschoolpa@gmail.com to arrange a copy by post .

The first recipe I'm going to try is by Brona Keevers in 4th class , a " Parfait au Chocolat " . I can see where she gets her talent from . Brona's mother , Marie Pier Keevers is one of the best bakers in the area and has a stall in the Ardmore Farmers Market and even managed to get some of her delights into the Ardkeen Foodstore in Waterford city , need I say more .

The Ardmore School Cook Book will surely take pride of place in my kitchen and I can't wait to blog about Brona's Parfait au Chocolat .

No comments:

Post a Comment